Fumoto® SX Series Engine Oil Drain Valve
Meet the Next Generation of Fumoto®
The new, patent pending and trademarked Fumoto® SX-series is comprised of two distinct yet fully integrated parts: the through bolt and oil-flow control body. These features allow the valve to be positioned as you choose for even more convenient and effortless oil changes than ever before.
SX has the Features you Need:
Full Range of Motion:
The SX can rotate 360° which allows orientation to achieve a smaller profile and maximum protection. The unique through bolt design can be tightened independent of the valve body, allowing for a simple installation that easily avoids obstructions.
Innovative Lever Design:
The new ergonomic control lever makes the valve easier to operate, even in tight spaces. It features the same tried and true secure locking mechanism as our original valves, but now remains parallel to the body in the closed position for a reduced profile. A lever clip comes standard with the SX for an additional level of security.
Oil Changes, Changed
The versatility of the SX-series valve allows installation without an adapter on some cars and trucks that may have previously required one.
A larger body and quad channels allow for better flow rates and faster oil changes in some of our most popular sizes.
Made in Japan
The SX is proudly made by the same ISO-9001 certified factory that has been manufacturing Fumoto Oil Drain Valves for more than 35 years.
Fumoto SX Retention Clip
Fumoto’s new SX retention clips, included with SX-series valves, are designed to keep the Engine Oil Drain Valve operating lever in the closed position for extra safety and security.
1. Prepare: Remove the drain plug from your oil pan and drain oil completely. Be sure that the surface of your oil drain port is clean before proceeding with installation.
2. Assemble: Loosely insert the through bolt into the valve, but do not press it all the way into the body. If the O-ring on the through bolt is no longer visible, it has been inserted too far. When assembled correctly, the bolt head will be on the same side as the control lever and spin freely.
3. Hand-Tighten: Begin gently threading the assembled valve into your oil drain port by hand. Once you have ensured that the valve is straight and not cross-threaded, hand-tighten the through bolt completely. The through bolt O-ring will seat into the valve body and no longer be visible. Rotate the valve to the desired final position.
4. Torque: Tighten the through bolt with a wrench or hex head to the value shown on the torque chart for your valve model. Do not over tighten.
5. Close and lock: Close the valve by firmly turning the control lever counterclockwise until it stops and is in line with the oil outlet. The lever will click into the recess and lock in position. You should not be able to rotate the lever without first lifting upward.
6. Clip on and fill up: Install the lever clip around the turret of the valve. If the lever is not seated properly, the lever clip will not fit. Refill the oil to complete your oil change. Always inspect the oil pan for leaks before operating your vehicle.
*An adapter may be required if the valve cannot be completely tightened due to contact with the oil pan or if the valve can only be oriented in a straight down position on low clearance vehicles.
1. To open the valve, remove the lever clip then lift the control lever upward and turn 90° clockwise.
2. To close the valve, turn the control lever firmly counterclockwise until it stops and is in line with the oil outlet. The lever will click into the recess and lock in position. You should not be able to rotate the lever without first lifting upward. Reinstall the lever clip around the turret of the valve. If the lever is not seated properly, the lever clip will not fit. Always inspect the oil pan for leaks before operating your vehicle.
- Some oil pans are designed with a recessed drain port which may prevent your Fumoto Valve from being fully seated. If the Fumoto Valve cannot be installed all the way without hitting the oil pan wall, please consider installing an adapter extension.
- Drive carefully at all times, and if you run over any foreign object on the road pull over and inspect the valve for any damage or leak.
- Do not move the hose while draining the oil.
- Please remove the plastic socket after use.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Fumoto New York, Inc. offers LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY on the Fumoto products, protecting your purchase against faulty workmanship and/or material (must provide proof of purchase). Any defective product, will be replaced at no charge. This warranty does not cover any damages due to misuse, abuse, negligence or accident. This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada. For more infomation, please visit our warranty policy page.
90 DAYS EXCHANGE / MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
We exchange or refund upon returning the product(s) within the period if you are not satisfied. For more details, go to our return policy page.
Current Availability of SX Type Valves By Thread Sizes